You can reduce the size of the Awesomium libraries by using UPX to compress the individual DLLs of the Awesomium SDK.
- Download the latest version of UPX for your platform, here: http://upx.sourceforge.net/
- Copy the upx executable to the build/bin folder of the SDK.
- Open a Console/Terminal window and navigate to the build/bin folder of the SDK.
- Execute the following commands:
upx --best --lzma awesomium.dll upx --best --lzma icudt.dll
You can now delete the copy of the upx executable from the build/bin folder of the SDK.
- It is not necessary to reduce the size of any other libraries of the Awesomium SDK, since they are of relatively small size.
- Do not apply this technique to the managed assemblies or the Awesomium libraries accompanying Awesomium.NET; a packed version of Awesomium.NET will be available with the final release of version 1.7.